Monday, January 12, 2009

My surprise make & model is ...

You're probably thinking I got a new car. Wrong! The make is plastic and the model is BIFOCALS. Yep, Marla is getting old and needed glasses.
So I'm presenting the NEW ME.

Ok, not the surprise you were expecting, sorry! This has been a big ordeal for me and it is not over yet. I went a year with headaches almost everyday. I knew I needed glasses and I have had reading glasses in the past, but couldn't wear them longer than 30 minutes or I'd get a headache. These glasses were supposed to be here on the 8th, but were delayed due to failing inspection. So they had to be sent back and tested or something like that. So I got the call today that they were in. I made a special trip to town to get them and wore them for a few minutes and put them away. I really didn't look them over closely because I wanted to get back home. I don't have to wear them while driving, thank goodness. So I get home and pull out my new cleaning cloth that I just bought. IS THAT A CRACK IN MY LENS? WHAT THE ....... Pete is this a crack in my lens? Yep it is. Now I'm really ticked off. I have waited this long and now I have to return them tomorrow and wait longer. How in the world did they pass inspection with a crack in the lens? I'm thinking eye surgery might be easier at this point. I took the photo of myself using my web cam in my laptop. I really haven't played around with it much, and it took forever to get loaded to my blog. Anyway, this is what I will look like if I ever get them right. I came home & put them on and Nolen wouldn't come to me for a little while. He was smiling and waving from across the room. I think he was just laughing at mommy & her new glasses.

So there it is, my surprise revealed. I know you all were expecting something really exciting. Sorry!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I like the new look...join the club. I've had glasses since 4th grade and contacts since 8th grade. Hope you get your new, uncracked glasses soon.