Here's the view out my back door this morning. Several inches of snow which caused a day off of school. I'm so glad for this snow day because I went to the Dr. last night and found out I have an ear infection in both ears. I can't remember ever having an ear infection in my life! I just thought I had major sinus problems. Last week it started with a runny nose and sore throat. I couldn't breath at all through my nose Thursday night. I did tough it out at work, but I sounded funny when I talked. The sore throat seemed to go away, but Saturday I was dizzy for most of the day. Monday the pressure was so strong in my forehead that I thought my brain was going to pop right out. Luckily I got in the see the Dr. and I'm so glad I went. I would have probably ended up in the ER last night if I didn't go. The pain and pressure was about like having a bad migraine. So this morning I kept the kids since I didn't want to drive in all the snow. Not as much pain and pressure this morning, so feeling better and will be taking my antibiotics and steroids for the next 10 days. Guess I'll grade papers and lay around as much as I possibly can with two kids on the loose. Alexis really wants to go play in the snow and Nolen keeps grabbing his shoes and coat, so I guess he is also ready to go. I think I'll make some phone calls and see if I can get someone else to take the kids out.
If you look closely at the picture you can see two things hanging in my crab apple tree. That would be the two coyotes Pete shot last week. Not for sure why he hangs them in the tree, but that's where they have been for a while. I'm surprised the branches don't break with them hanging there frozen. Probably really gets the attention of everyone driving by. The coyotes have been thick in the area. I have talked to several people who say they are coming up right around the house. Pete baits them with deer remains just so they will come close in order to shoot them. Rabbits spotted this year = 0. Coyotes spotted this year = too many to count. May have to put rabbits on the endangered list soon.
Everyone enjoy the snow today!

No comments:
Post a Comment