When Obama announced change for the United States, he wasn't kidding. Not in office yet, he seems to be making new changes in the qualifications column to join the Army.
My mother received a phone call the other day from an Army recruiter. They wanted HER to sign up for the Army. I guess they will take anyone these days. She asked how they got her name and number, but wouldn't tell her. She said "You want a 61 year old woman in the Army"? Click, they hung up. I think they better check their sources a little bit closer. She has never received a call like this before, so it must be that new CHANGE we are all in for. I guess if they send all the Armed Forces back home, they need people to take their place. Guess he figured retired people have nothing else better to do. I just had to pass this along because it was so funny. Picture this...my mother wearing camo and combat boots while carrying a gun. Ok the gun thing wouldn't be too funny, she did shoot a coon out of the tree a long time ago. I'll just leave it at that:)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment