Saturday, January 31, 2009

Company from TN

My cousin & her family stopped by for a really quick visit today. It was great to see Amanda & her new husband and kids. It was also great to see Uncle Richard and Aunt Ginger. They were here and gone so fast that I didn't even think about snapping a few photos. I need to get down to Tennessee and visit them. Maybe this summer for a short vacation!

I have been cleaning out the kitchen cabinets these last few days. Items have been tossed out, put in storage, and organized. Some items now have a new place and it will take me forever to find them the next time I need them.

I have already been thinking about this summer and what I will be updating here in the house. I think I will tackle the spare bathroom and a couple more touches in the kitchen. I have been looking for a certain back splash that I saw on TV. I finally found it a few months ago and ran across the flier today while cleaning. I broke the news to Pete & showed him. I think he actually likes it. I know it will really look great in the kitchen and looks easy enough for us to do ourselves. We also need some kind of chair rail because the back of our chairs are really making marks in the wall. One stained piece of wood should do the trick. Ugly wallpaper in the bathroom MUST go. I already have some ideas on color for the walls. The washer/dryer is located in the bathroom and they will probably have to be moved some during the process. The ceiling also needs a new coat of white paint. This project might get started before the summer, I'm really tired of looking at the ugly wallpaper. I often wonder what the previous owners of this house were thinking when they picked out the wallpaper and carpet. I guess it was the 80's and anything goes.

The master bathroom also needs some updating. I plan on putting a fresh new coat of paint on the walls and replacing the border on them. The tub also needs new tile around it, which means someone else will have to help us. I sort of know what I want, just finding it around here is the problem. I really want to get all my projects done before we add onto the house. It will at least be a year before we start our new addition for 2 more bedrooms and possibly one small bathroom. I can't wait until the kids have their own rooms and I have an office. I just wish I could snap my fingers and it will all be done because I know the whole adding on process won't be fun.

No comments: