Thursday, January 8, 2009

Home with Alexis & Nolen today

After we got home from picking Alexis up from Day Care, she kept complaining that she was cold. I had her put on her slippers and robe, but that didn't seem to help. I needed to get out of the house since I dealt with Nolen all day, so I went to work out at the gym. When I got home Pete said Alexis now had fever. GREAT NOW I'VE GOT TWO SICK KIDS! Won't be going to work for another day I guess. So at 2, 3, and 6 o'clock this morning, Alexis was vomiting. From 2-3:30 Nolen was screaming. Just a lovely night at the Seals house. So this morning I think Nolen is finally over his sickness, he is playing and happy. I just have to keep him away from big sis. She has been shut up in her room all morning so he doesn't bother her, but just moved to the couch since he fell asleep in the other room. She drank some 7-UP that Grandma & Grandpa Seals went to get for me (THANK YOU!) She has been able to keep it down so far, but she informed me that she wasn't eating lunch because she was sick. Ok, fine, but I'm making her drink some Pedialyte instead. It's 11:00 and she just asked why we were still in out pajamas. We're being lazy today, is what I replied. Lazy & down right tired! Some days I wish I were at work instead of at home. Did I just say that? With two sick kids, I'll take 19 healthy ones any day. I also forgot to mention that I gave Alexis a whistle to blow when she needed me. I couldn't hear her call for me with the doors closed. You can probably guess what happened. Yea, too much whistle blowing for silly things. She was only supposed to blow it for important things, like vomiting. How will the afternoon go? Tune in tomorrow I guess. Will Marla go back to work on a Friday or not? Grade cards are supposed to go home tomorrow and I don't have them completely finished. I just might have to make a trip to the school tonight.

I felt good after my workout last night. Pete said run a mile for me. We'll I jogged a mile for him and one for me. I really thought I'd be more sore than I am. Maybe the soreness stage has worn off. Until next post...

No comments: