Friday, August 8, 2008

Illinois State Fair

Had to get away from the kids for a while. We went to the Illinois State Fair in Springfield and had a wonderful time. Not too much going on at the fair on Thursday, so I was able to hit a shopping mall. Saw all the sites at the fair on Friday.

I thought Lincoln had aged nicely and the sunglasses were a nice touch.


This photo is for my dad. Yes I visited the Dairy Building and yes I had ice cream. Yum Yum! My last trip to the fair was 1988.


Pete looking at a buffalo hide at the conservation area.

I even earned credit toward my teaching certificate at the fair. And since I was the first teacher through this exhibit, they game me a lot of free stuff to use in my classroom.

The famous butter cow. They have this exhibit every year and everything you see that is yellow is actually butter.

After walking all morning and having tired feet, we rode the sky lift. I remember this from 1988 and this building always accumulates a lot of junk on the roof that is dropped from the riders. No I didn't drop anything, I held my camera tight because I didn't want to drop it.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah for the butter cow!!

jodi said...

state fair, no kids, and teaching credits....what a deal!