Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wildlife+mud+class reunion= fun weekend

We had a busy weekend. We always camp on the Embarras River during Memorial Day Weekend, but were not so sure about getting there this year due to the rain & flooding. The river did finally get into it's banks and we were able to get to the campsite. The guys set bank poles up and down the river and usually catch some big fish. No big whoppers this time, but enough to skin & keep for a future fish fry. Here is the cabin and notice all the lovely mud. Usually the campfire is located in the middle of this area, but we had to move it to higher ground this year.

Doug carry bank poles and showing off the fish that swallowed the bait and hook. He will need a little surgery to get it out if you know what I mean.

The kids all gather around to see the fish that were caught.

Fish that were caught on Saturday. By Sunday, they caught a few more.


A turtle showed up in our camp and the kids just loved it.

A tree frog also showed up in our camp. A snake welcomed me to camp. I drove the truck up and followed Pete in the motor home. As soon as I opened my door, a large black snake was there on the ground. I always kept my eye out for that snake the whole time I was there, but luckily didn't see it again.

I had to make a quick trip back into town to meet up with some high school friends that were in town. Tina lives in California and it had been several years since I had seen her. Several others showed up and it was fun to get caught up on things.

I'll post some more photos later! The weekend continues and I'm sure there is more fun out there for us to have. Nolen didn't go with us on the overnight trip. We decided he would spend the night with grandma & grandpa since it was too muddy and with his hurt hand and all.

No comments: