This week Nolen got a huge splinter in his hand. Since Pete was working late I had to call in help because I couldn't hold him down and get it out myself. I held and Grandma and Grandpa took turns with the needle and tweezers. It came out in 4 pieces. Nolen didn't fight us too much as we worked on him.
Last night I took Alexis and Nolen on a 4-wheeler ride. Afterwards Nolen climbed back on the 4-wheeler and touched the hot muffler. He has three huge blisters on his hand now. It is his left hand, the same one he got the splinter in. He cried for 2 hours after he burnt it and didn't want to hold an ice cube or ice pack on it. He would finally hold a cold wash cloth on it. One blister goes down the whole length of his thumb. Then there is one between his thumb and index finger. The third one is located at the base of his index finger. He is starting to pick at it so we will probably have to cover it so it doesn't bust open yet. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

4 comments:
Awww...no suggestions, just sorry the little guy has had it rough. :(
Ohhhh Marla....I'm so sorry. That hurts me just looking at it. Poor thing. I hope he feels better soon.
poor little guy. Talk to DeAnn Maddox burnt his hand pretty bad last year.
I was just getting ready to say Maddox burnt his hand on the stove...every finger and his palm too. We just kept an ointment that we got from dr. einhorn great for burns and then wrapped it in gauze for several days(I think we rewrapped at least 3 times a day) to try to keep it protected. He was rough on it...but it healed incredibly fast. Poor Nolen...I remember Maddox being in so much pain...he cried a lot!
Post a Comment