Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike left us in the dark!

What a weekend! Where do I start? Friday after school I had one of those yearly Dr. appointments that I'm glad is over until two more years. Went to a friend's surprise birthday party that night WITHOUT the kids. I needed the break. Thank you in-laws for watching them over night. On the way home from the party I about took out 5 cows that were standing in the road. Luckily one was brown because all the rest were black and very hard to see. I did get a good night sleep even though we didn't get back home until 1:00 in the morning. Saturday I washed some clothes and cleaned house. We went to a fish fry that evening. A friend of mine that I haven't seen for several years came to visit that night for a few hours. Sunday we went to my mother-in-laws church for Rally Day and a noon carry in meal. As soon as the garage door went down after I got home----The electricity went out. Great time for naps and I figured it would be back on when we woke up. Wrong! Maybe it will be on when Pete gets home at 5:00. Wrong! Maybe we better check on finding a generator because it has been off almost 6 and a half hours. So after a phone call to dad to borrow his generator, it comes back on just seconds after we get off the phone. Great I can now start the stove and start supper. 30 minutes later----The electricity went off again. So we ate supper by candle light and the kids just loved playing with the flashlights. The dishes are really piling up since I can't run the dishwasher and I refused to stand there in the dark and wash them. Alexis didn't want to sleep in the dark by herself, so she climbed in bed with me. I'm surprised she stayed in the bed because she tossed and turned all night. We're not for sure when the electric came back on, but I'm so glad the lights worked in the morning so I could see to get ready for work. After work I had to get a cavity filled. It has been a long time since I had a cavity filled. Sara I promise I will floss more often!

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

Sounds like a very event filled weekend. Hated to hear about your cavity....yes you need to get the floss out of the back of the cabinet!