Monday, April 25, 2011

Grandpa Enters Heaven

My last post was his birthday and this post is about his death. My last grand-parent passed away April 20th. I spoke with him on Monday before he passed. I couldn't understand much of what he said, but I told him all about the kids and what they were up to. We knew that this day would be soon since his health was getting worse. He has been ready for the Lord to take him for a long time now. I know all 4 of my grand-parents are having a wonderful time in heaven. They were all good friends. All 4 of them were so faithful and loved God. My grandpa's were both church deacons. I have a lot of memories of them all and share their stories & pictures with my kids. Alexis will probably remember great-grandpa Rule, but Nolen probably won't.




The funeral was beautiful, despite the rain. A big thank you goes out to all who helped out. It was a difficult day, but I kept telling myself that he is in peace now.

No comments: