Monday, July 12, 2010

Various Summer Photos

We have been busy this summer. Thought I'd post some pictures of what we have been doing besides adding onto the house.

I think these two could pass for sisters. They are only a few months apart in age. Katie visited us several times while she was here visiting her grandma. We just love her Alabama accent.

I had another birthday & Pete took me to Evansville for 1 night WITHOUT KIDS. I normally have a DQ ice cream cake for my birthday, but decided to just have my favorite M&M Blizzard since we were on the road.

Pete's brother, Dave, has been here for a few weeks. His daughter Courtnie caught a fish while fishing at East Fork Lake. (Love the boots girl!)

I'm really not for sure what to say about this photo, just that Pete probably won't like it. I'm saving this to show Nolen's first girlfriend.
Something happened to our garden this year. I think the chicken poop made everything go crazy. (Thanks Doug) Pete planted 8 tomato plants and we found out he planted them way too close. They have grown together and are as tall as Pete. It's impossible to get to the middle of them. We have been eating corn from the garden, though the coon ate the first of it. Pete took care of him, if you know what I mean. We still have plenty more & some that hasn't tasseled yet. We also planted giant sunflowers for Alexis. I'll have to get a good photo soon since they just started blooming.
Fourth of July in their red, white & blue. These two just love the tire swing. I can stand and push Nolen for over an hour & he doesn't get tired of it. He just loves it when I push him high enough to hit the tree.


VBS started this week. We have an Egyptian theme and Alexis fell in love with this hair piece.

Dave & his son Ethan caught 50 blue gill in one morning! They cut them all up and I guess a fish fry is in the future.
Pete caught several bass on the lake & they were cut up as well.

No comments: