I was hoping to be adding photos of Alexis at the opening day of softball today, but everything was cancelled due to the rain. So instead of spending the day at the park, we decided to get started preparing for our add on. There were 7 shrubs that had to be removed. Pete was able to pull a few out with the 4 wheeler. A few stubborn ones needed a little more horse power, so he used the truck. His dad came up to help out. I mainly just watched & stayed busy putting mulch around the trees in the front & back yard. We were lucky to get it all done before it started raining. We did find out that a large tree root has grown down & under the gas line. We even found a second gas line on the opposite corner of the house that we didn't know was there. We don't even know if it is hooked up or what it goes to. Guess we'll find out when they start digging. I don't know when they will actually start, but it should be in the next month I think.
Digging around a large tree root and the gas line.
South end looks pretty bare now. All the bricks on this end will need to be removed soon. I think I'll leave that job up to Pete & whoever comes to help out.

No comments:
Post a Comment