Monday, March 9, 2009

Who has not been affected by the sickness?

It seems like when one gets sick, we all get sick. Nolen has had a runny nose for almost a month now. Took him to the Dr. several weeks ago and he had bronchitis. He took medicine for 5 days and still wasn't able to kick the cough. At a follow up appointment, the Dr. noticed some fluid in his ears so he had to do 10 days of antibiotics. When I was dropping him off at day care on Thursday, he vomited everywhere. So I packed him up and took him to Grandma's. That evening I really didn't feel like cooking, so Alexis & I ate at McDonald's. We picked up Nolen and went home. As soon as we walked in the door, Alexis vomited everywhere. Great! Now I've got two sick kids. No sleep tonight! By this point, I'm thinking I might be 40 before I get some good sleep, little did I know that my chance was coming. Pete stayed home with both kids on Friday and they both seemed to be doing a lot better and even went outside for some fresh air. Saturday morning the kids helped me hand wash my car. We'll Alexis helped me and Nolen kept licking the car for some reason. I guess he was thirsty. Had the In-laws over for supper that evening and Paul wasn't feeling so well right before they left. Later that night....Pete's turn to get sick & did he ever. I don't know how many trips to the bathroom he made, but I know he seemed to wake me up every time. Then my stomach suddenly didn't feel well. Before I knew it...my turn to visit the restroom. As we lay there in bed, we were wondering who was going to take care of the kids on Sunday. Pete seemed to get most of it out of his system by Sunday morning, but I still felt miserable and couldn't go to church. Even though it was my Sunday to play the piano, had to call a fill in. So I lay in bed most of Sunday (this was my chance to get caught up on some sleep, but I didn't want to be sick doing it). Then the storm hit. That got me out of bed. When a brick house shakes, look out! The wind had been blowing for a few days, but it was really gusty when the storm hit. I ran to the back bathroom closet and Pete already had the kids there. He watched out the window while the swing set was once again knocked over by wind. This time it tore up some of it that will have to be replaced. Nolen had just learned how to go up the ladder and down the slide all by himself. Now he will have to wait for a new slide. We found it in the field north of our house all cracked. We all went to work and school today. I'm hoping the sick bugs stay away for a long time. I think I need to restock my medicine cabinet. I'm at least happy that Nolen will take his medicine. A boy that puts anything and everything in his mouth should like medicine as well. I'm just tired of wiping his nose and I know it hurts. He loves being outdoors and he sleeps so much better after playing out there for a while. I know we will spend many many hours outside when the weather stays nice. Ok this is a long posting, guess I'd better get back to washing the nasty germs out of the sheets. WATCH OUT FOR THE SICK GERMS, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Everyone here has had it except me at the moment. I just hope I don't get it!!

jodi said...

we haven't had the pukes (knock on wood), but i think we've had everything else. avery & i are still on antibiotics:( UUGGHH

i feel for ya!