Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What we have been up to lately!

We'll it has been real busy around here. We are getting things ready for a Halloween Party this Saturday. Alexis and Kelly helped me make treat bags for all the kids.

On Sunday Alexis got sick out of the blue while we were having lunch at the river with friends. Once she got it out of her system, she felt fine and decided to play. Then she got too close to a dog that was tied up and got bit on the hand. Luckily it wasn't a deep wound. Pete wasn't there because he works on Sundays. He said the dog should be shot. He'll have to travel to Chicago because that is were the dog actually lives.

Nolen has been having a bad cough and I decided after a very long night of him coughing, it was time to visit the Dr. I made the appointment for Tuesday afternoon. That morning I woke up with a red spot on my eye. The school nurse said it was a broken blood vessel that can be caused by straining like picking up heavy things. Hmmm picking up my chunky 9 month old may have done it. I really don't know what caused it. So as the day progressed Tuesday, I developed a really bad headache and knew it was going to turn into a migraine. I left work at noon, came home and took some migraine medicine and took a two hour nap. Then it was time to pick Nolen up for his appointment. Migraine was gone and I felt so much better. Nolen did a wonderful job at the Doctor's office. He was having a blast showing everyone that he could walk. Filled his prescription for some medicine, picked up Alexis, and headed home. What a day!!

On a totally different note. What is up with the squirrels in this town? I have almost killed two white squirrels in the last two mornings. They just seem to run at my car. Maybe my white car has something to do with it. Probably just the cooler weather and they are going "NUTS" looking for "NUTS". I did run over a gray squirrel a few weeks ago on main street. I slowed down and almost stopped completely and the stupid thing just ran at my wheel. At least he wasn't white. I know the squirrel count is taking place soon, I think the number of white ones has gone up. I saw a total of 3 just this morning while traveling through town. One was on the court house lawn. He was probably there filing a complaint about a white car hunting down his friends. Ha Ha!

No school for me on Friday, but we have a teacher's institute. Luckily it will be over at 1:30! No school on Monday either because of Columbus Day. I am looking forward to the long weekend and Halloween party. I think the weather is supposed to be nice. Photos of the party to come later! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

A squirrel count? The only thing we count in the road around here are the pot holes!

DeAnn said...

We're looking forward to Saturday night!

jodi said...

can't wait for the party - and tell Pete "Happy Birthday" from the Schneider Crew

Anonymous said...

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. I hope you have a great party, it is going to be good weekend for it.